Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Philippe's Mini Chateuneuf du Pape

The Summer is almost over and here comes the Fall. It’s my favorite season personally, not because it’s my birthday nor because I get to eat a lot of candy for Halloween, but because I can start drinking some heavier wines. So why not start the season with a bargain, a Cotes du Rhone that taste like a mini Chateauneuf Du Pape, which Philippe and I tasted Monday in New Orleans.

Domaine de Marcoux Cotes Du Rhone 2008-

A combination of 97% Grenache and 3% Mourvedre and Cinsault. It offers deep black cherry fruit, roasted herb, and loamy soil characteristics presented in a medium-bodied, juicy, elegant format. Also it’s a biodynamically farmed vineyard.

Rated 90pts by Philippe’s Wine Cellar

Philippe’s Everyday Price $24.99- Vintage Service Price $19.99 per bottle, $18.99 for 6 or more, $17.99 for 12 bottles or more.

- Sylvie Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment